Smile Portrait Competition 2022 Terms & Conditions
- The AACD Smile Portrait Competition is open to all AACD members.
- Contest will be run by The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and select AACD member representatives.
- By entering the Contest the Contestants accept these Terms and Conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for the Contest which may be mentioned on-air, in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to Contestants in any other way. Such Contest Information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any Contest Information.<
- We may cancel or amend the Contest, Contest Information, or these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Contest Information or these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions were last updated.
- Our decision in all matters to do with the Content will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Contest opens April 27th, 2022. The closing date for receipt of entries is June 24th, 2022.
- Contestants are free to submit as many individual entries as they wish and each entry will be judged separately. However, Contestants can only be shortlisted and selected as a Finalist once (in respect of their entry, its the highest that will be used).
- To enter the Contest, Contestants must do the following:
a) Register an account and upload and submit their entry.
b) Read and accept the terms and conditions and disclaimer and provide additional contact details so we can contact you if your submission is not accepted. Your details will be used solely for the purpose of administrating the competition.
- A Contestant's entries must be entirely original to the Contestant, feature only the Contestant's clinical work and not include images made by third parties/people.
- Entries must be completed in accordance with the entry process set out above. No other method of entry will be accepted. Entries which do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
- Entries will not be complete until Contestants have uploaded their images, photo releases and accepted these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to disqualify any entries submitted and/or finalized after the Contest has closed.
- The Contestant must keep a digital or hard copy of their entry.
- All entries will be subject to moderation. We and/or our AACD representatives have absolute discretion to accept or reject any entry and to remove any entry already accepted without giving reasons for the decision. We may in particular refuse to upload any entry for the following reasons:
a) inclusion of defamatory or malicious content;
b) inclusion of content in video entries to which someone else owns the copyright or other intellectual property rights, such as music, singing, trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, sculpture, posters, pictures, photographs or other artwork, music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programmes, or films made by other users, without the requisite authorisations;
c) breach of these Terms and Conditions
d) photos that may trigger traumatic responses among domestic abuse survivors.
- By entering the Contest Contestants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Contestants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of their entries which must be original works and must not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, or any other rights of a third party.
- By entering the Contest, Contestants understand and agree that:
a) the Contestants grant us a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable licence which shall be exclusive for worldwide broadcast online and non-exclusive for all other forms of media to use their entries for whatever purpose including, without limitation, in connection with (i) any Program produced in relation to the Contest or containing any information in relation to the Contest, including, without limitation, promotion and redistributing part or all of any such Program (and derivative works thereof), and (ii) our internet websites, wireless applications, interactive television, video on demand and any other media or technology (including, without limitation, internet protocol, wireless or interactive platforms or interfaces) through which we distribute content to end users, whether now existing or hereafter developed in any and all media formats and through any and all media distribution and advertising and promotional purposes, without accounting, notification, credit, payment, or other obligation to Contestants. For the avoidance of doubt, these rights include, without limitation, the absolute right to create composite, stunt, comic or unusual photographs, videos, animations, motion pictures, from any entry. We reserve the right to use (or not use) Contestants' entries as we so choose;
b) the Contestants indemnify the Competition Parties (defined below) from any claim in respect of their entry;
c) to the extent permitted by applicable law, the Contestants unconditionally give us their consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe on any moral rights they may have in and in relation to their entries, and they undertake that they will not institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of any moral rights you they may have in and/or in relation to their entries.
- None of the AACD, or any other party or organization (including our, employees, officers, servants, agents) involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the Contest, or its entry, or implementation of any prize, will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by us or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control. Proof of submission online is not proof of receipt by us.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, may be void.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry, or the operation of any part of the Contest, or the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision we make shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred in entering the Contest.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any Contestants and/or entries which it believes have not been made in compliance with these Terms and Conditions or to disqualify any Contestant found to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person.
- The public will vote on their favorite Contestants ('the Finalists') from all eligible entries received.
- Only the Finalists will be notified.
- The Finalists first names and surnames may be published.
- We reserves the right to select an alternative Finalist in the event that a Finalist is unable to be contacted.
Public Vote / Overall engagement
- The Public will then be invited to vote for their favorite Finalist ('the Public Vote'). The voting will open using the below factors:
- You may vote online once every 24hours. Voting is free.
- The system also counts the unique votes (to counter vote fraud, not shown on the front end)
- Number of views
- Number of Social shares
- Number of comments
You may be subject to your standard internet access charges or data charges if you are using a web browser on your mobile phone.
- We reserve the right to disallow votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent votes have been cast (ie more votes than a human being could possibly submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated votes). We reserve the right to disqualify any Finalist who engages in activity which could be designed to unfairly manipulate the outcome of the Public Vote.
- The Finalist who receives the highest number of public votes over all engagement will be the Contest winner.
- In the event of an equal number of votes, all tied Finalists will be judged by our AACD team, who will determine at its sole discretion which Finalist should win the Contest.
- We will take all reasonable steps to contact the winner using the details provided by the Finalist when they entered the competition but in the event of any failure to do so or a Finalist's failure to respond within 48 hours of the results of the Public Vote being determined, we reserve the right, in its absolute discretion, to select an alternative winner from the Finalists.
- The winner must be available to take part in interviews and/or any other promotional materials and/or events if requested by us. In the event that the winner is not available when required, we reserve the right, in its absolute discretion, to select an alternative winner.
- The prize comprises of: an official AACD Smile Portrait Competition Winner glass trophy, along with public recognition on the AACD website, in AACD email communications, and on all AACD social media platforms (200k+ followers).
- The winner acknowledges that. The Prize is non-transferable and is not redeemable for or any other value or consideration.
- We may in its sole discretion refuse to provide the Prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions or a Contestant's breach of these Terms and Conditions, fraud, dishonesty, or other inappropriate or improper conduct.
Data Protection and Publicity
- The first names and surnames of the Finalists put through to the Public Vote and the Contest winner may be available from the date the various Finalists are selected for a minimum period of three months.
- may exercise its sole discretion to use all Finalists' names, images, and their comments relating to the Prize and Contest experience for promotion of the Prize, this Contest, or the Contest Parties, and for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
- The information Contestants supply in connection with the Contest (including their personal details):
a) may be included in a database compiled for the Contest and will be used for the purposes of selecting Finalists;
b) may also be used for inclusion and/or read out in any program produced in connection with the Contest; and
c) will not be supplied to third parties (other than the Contest Parties) other than as is reasonably necessary to select Finalists and administer the Contest.
- Any personal information provided by the Contestants, will only be used by us in accordance with its Privacy Statement which is accessible for the purposes of the Contest or as otherwise set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- None of the Contest Parties can accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Contestant entering the Contest or as a result of accepting the Prize. None of the Contest Parties are responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Contestant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest.
- None of the Contest Parties promise that the services relating to the Contest will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of any Contest Party. We will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the Contest is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- In the event that any Contestant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these Terms and Conditions and the Contest Information, We shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such Contestant, without any further liability to such Contestant. In these circumstances, any prize won by the Contestant may be forfeited. All Contestants must comply with any directions given by any Contest Party including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations, and where applicable.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- These Terms and Conditions and the Contest Information shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- Our Customer Services team may be contacted at: